Sunday, October 19, 2008

Worth the MESS?




Homemade Halloween sugar cookies. Doesn't it just sound like this fun little family activity? Everyone working together with Halloween sounds in the background? Then the perfectly shaped and decorated cookies that you can share with your neighbors.
Truth is, the kids did have fun. The parents could appreciate how activities like this are worth all the effort, but the mess is too much. Tyler even did some online searches on the scuba and the rumba (the little robot floor cleaners). As we were making these cookies Sydney asked if we should give any of them to our friends. Tyler and I laughed pretty hard about how we really should give some to our worst enemy. Which then lead to a discussion on the word enemy. So who will be getting the cookies? The kids decided we should share them with Satan. Pretty funny.

9 comments:

Dave said...

Shelly here.....This totally made me laugh. Dave wanted to carve a pumpkin with Hannah this year. We haven't done it yet, but I imagine the mess will outweigh a little of the fun. Who knows. Good luck with your next little one coming!! 3 days away....that went really fast.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You constantly amaze me. I see from all your posts that you are getting everything wrapped up before the new little one arrives. :) We can't wait to see pictures!

Angie said...

How fun! All of these fun fall things to do and you got them all done before the new babe comes! I can't wait to see her! Wednesday is the day, right? I'll be out in S. Jordan on Tuesday, would you be up for a quick visit? Talk soon!

Yonker Family said...

Forget Satan, you can send the cookies to us. I check in on your blog pretty frequently, but somehow I missed all these great Fall pictures. Anytime you want to do some real apple picking you can always crash at our place:) Sydney's hair is so long and beautiful and Ella is growing up so fast. I love her tummy picture. I have to agree about the mess thing. Last time I did sugar cookies with the kids and let them use sprinkles to decorate I think I was still finding sprinkles in the cracks of the floor two months later. Lately we have just been sticking to cakes and breads, a little less messy.

rachel said...

I love fall and all those fall activites. Sugar cookies you are a brave women. It looked like fun though. 18 pumpkins I hope you have enough. That is so awesome. I hope we go tonight and get ours. I love fall!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just peeking at your blog. Your family is so cute and so fun! It seems like you are adjusting to the move and from what I can tell in the background your house decorating is fantastic! Congratulations if you've already delivered, and if you haven't, good luck with everything!

-Heidi Durham

katie said...

Your still pregnant-when are you due?! You are such a good mom. I LOVE you paint color in your house-darling!

Mandy said...

Hey! Cute posts about fall. Getting ready for the big day. Good luck to you, and I hope to be hearing from you soon!

Jaime said...

So funny...today is the ward halloween party and I said I would bring sugar cookies and instead of making them I am trying to convince myself to by wasting the time of blogging....I think you've made up my mind for me though --- here I come Wegmans!